Peabody questions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Iamtrpt, May 29, 2005.

1. Iamtrpt

Iamtrpt New Friend

May 16, 2005
    Sorry to get off topic...

Is Peabody Institute a good school? Do they have a good brasswind program? I was thinkin of goin there, and same with my bro (tuba).

Just wonderin..

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I'm afraid I can't comment. I can't comment because what I've heard from several sources now is hearsay. Suffice it to say I won't be sending my kids there for orchestral studies.

ML

3. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Well... is he or isn't he?

ML

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Andy's not playing the Monette in the BSO for now. He's playing a 239GH/25S Bach right off the shelf. He, like most great orchestral trumpeters, sounds great on anything he touches. The rest of the section either sold the Monettes or are going to be selling them. I don't know if that's a good move or not. Andy sounded great on them and he sounds great off of them too (and a little more brilliant).

I must say that I have heard lots of people that play Monette and sound way too tubby (me included), but the recordings of Mr. L, Balio, and those old recordings of Charlie S. in Boston are fantastic. No one, after hearing these guys play Monette, would be able to find one negative thing to say about the sound.

As for Peabody, Mr. L is right. I wouldn't send my kids there either (though I don't have any). If you have any more detailed questions about the school, email me and I'll be glad to go into detail.

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks, PB...

It's always preferable to hear firsthand info rather than secondhand speculation.

ML

7. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003

8. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Do me a favor...

Keep the "I'm just looking for the truth" crap to yourself. I'm not an idiot. You generally look for any excuse to jab at Monette products, G-d knows why. You just wanted to know "if it was for good"... what nonsense! Why would you care? You don't, you just wanted to take another shot. Don't forget, you more than anyone, should know why I joined TH to begin with way back when: because of an untrue barb you tossed involving me and what you reported as possibly a Monette horn. It was not, I pointed it out, you retracted the post, and PM'ed an apology to me.

Since then, it's been more of the same little jabs here and there which I've ignored until you stuck your toe in the water in my forum. Show me where I've EVER said anything like that about a fellow colleague or Bach trumpets. Do you think that if Phil Smith decided to play a King Silver Flair that I'd give a rat's tail?

Honestly, what is your big problem with Dave's work that you feel you the need to nip at his heels indirectly? Did he insult you? If so, take it up with him. I, sure as hell, never insulted you or your choice brand of instruments.

So, do me the courtesy of keeping your detective work outside of my forum, please. If you want a list of who are the latest people to sell their Monette horns, look elsewhere. This forum is for people that seek answers that may be actually useful, not trivial nonsense. Don't PM me, I'm not interested.

ML

9. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003

10. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Good idea.

Adios.

ML