Peabody questions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Iamtrpt, May 29, 2005.

1. DonGiovanni

DonGiovanni New Friend

Apr 25, 2005
    It never ceases to amaze the Don the number of brass players that like to bash Daves horns. I've been playing Daves horns since Manny and I met him at the Ithaca ITG Conferance in 1980. Up until then we all just took pot luck when buying a horn ( usually a Bach 229 ) and lived with whatever quirks it had. Look at all the copying and new designs that all the trumpet makers have done since 1980. Dave Monette is responsible not only for his tremendous work but for encouraging the other bulders to say hey the trumpets not perfect.....lets see what else can be done!!

I have played and will play alot of different horns in my orchestra. I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Dave. I don't care what a player uses......all I want is for someone to make some music thats unique and true to his own soul. Folks if we all don't aspire to that the computers will put us all out of work soon.

Anyway the Don's got a pot of gravy on that needs some more basil......

ciao,
    DonGiovanni

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    ... and said gravy is going on top of what? Braciole?

Lickin' my chops,

ML

3. Iamtrpt

Iamtrpt New Friend

May 16, 2005
    Gee, well...

I guess I'd have to take a penicil and cross that one out...
    What do you think?
    1. Indiana: :D :
    2. Oberlin::cool: :
    3. Cleveland/Cincinatti :shock:
    4. Manhattan :roll:
    5. Julliard :dontknow:

4. DonGiovanni

DonGiovanni New Friend

Apr 25, 2005

The Don served up a nice plate of home made linguine with a side of sausage and meatballs along with a nice antipasti. The pasta ia always better the next day fried Sicialian style in extra virgin olive oil with fresh mushrooms and some nice grated Reggiano Parmisano.

......................and remember paisano Laureano...........

leave the gun..................take the cannoli !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonGiovanni

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Yeah, that list looks good. Don't forget to add Northwestern though. Also, University of Maryland with Gekker is a great place to be. It's kind of a breeding ground for Juilliard. I don't know if Juilliard is a great place to do an undergrad degree. This is what I've heard from students and faculty from the school, not personal experience since I didn't go there. Maybe I'm wrong.