Performance anxiety

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hornlife98, Dec 3, 2014.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    don't get too confident GM --- I just might be making some headway ---- might see you at "little E's" ---- you just might be accompanying me!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL if you can keep up ((confidence people, and the ability to back it up, usually eliminates most anxiety --- well except for GM having to accompany me))

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    KT, corroborate such with GM, but he told me Little E's in Pittsburgh PA is closing.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Quite likely, when you are in your own house practicing. Me too, when I'm in mine.

4. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Even then...maybe not.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Wow - my connections to the Jazz World -- some chic in charge in Montreal doesn't accept GM for the Jazz festival there (on my recommendation) ----now I'm having a future gig at a place that apparently won't exist -- wow, even my connections to MONSTER OIL interview for GM didn't work out ----- sorry GM, I failed you again

6. sigsoup

sigsoup New Friend

Nov 30, 2014
    I would just have Pantera's song "Walk" playing in my head, never failed me. Just don't flip the musing stand over and give everyone the finger. Totally fight that urge, it's bad....even if does seem like the thing to do at the time.