Phaeton Trumpet?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Aug 14, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    That's interesting, I've never seen that before. I'd like to play it sometime

3. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    I've played on a few different ones on a few occasions. I've posted about them here before. They really are great horns, with an even better price. I'll look for my short review, as it's been long enough for me to forget the specifics of the horn.

4. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    It's also been awhile since I tried them, but I played 3 versions soon affter they came out. These were pplayed consecutively in the shop at teh Brass Bow (Arlington Heights, IL) All the same size, but each had a different laquering and sound. The "black nickel" finish horn was very dark, but kind of dead, to me. The regular brass seemd like it would be a great lead horn as it was on the bright side and the notes were very responsive. The brushed brass was my number one pick because it was between the other two. Gorgeous sound, good response.
    I was, I am told, the first person to have such a response from the black horn, so possibly that's just a result of how I play... then again, the others would also be that way.
    Give 'em a shot if you're so inclined....

5. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Do these trumpets come with the valve alighnments alighnments already done at the brass bow?

6. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    I'd like to play one of those. Looks like one of the Taylor Custom trumpets.

7. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    phaeton or phantom...

does anyone remember the trumpet put out a few years ago by leblanc, or maybe courtois? seems like it was french.

dj

8. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    Phaeton, came out just 2-3 years ago and co-designed and made by Wayne Tanabe of the Brass Bow.

9. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    ...the one i mean was produced about a decade ago.

dj

10. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Geez, they are famous for it -- you would think so!

Jim