"Phaeton's Toys" is up!

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by NickD, Jun 5, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

I just posted this on the NYTC tour, but I did the last TWO posts on my thread, so folks might not realize that I did a new post unless they're watching times and dates carefully. You ought to refer to the thread in the Phaeton Tour, but I have copied and pasted the post here.

OH YEAH! A special request!. If anyone here is on TPIN, if you like the tune here, could I ask that you let some folks know on TPIN? If not, that's cool.

Original Post:
    In honor of this tour, I've just posted "Phaeton's Toys" at Mp3unsigned.com. This will be the only site it is located at for the rest of the week. Then I'll post it at Ampcast and Acid Planet as well. I will be honest about being selfish here! I could use the hit count at Mp3unsigned.com. Here is the direct link.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3ID=16238&aid=633

Now this is about the Pheaton, but I want to make a request, please! If you choose to register with Mp3unsigned.com and rate it, please just give it a 10/10 if you LIKE it. If you don't care for it, just pass over it. In addition to the hit count, I can also use 10/10's there. These independant music sites are run kinda funny.

Now, "Phaeton's Toys" is a bit of a screamin' tune. The front half is a bit of a Bill Chase rip off with a big trumpet ensemble slapped on top of a rock rhythm section. This is followed by a scream solo on the 4chd in Lydian. Then there is a mellow section for solo where I keep it in the staff.

IMHO, the Phaeton has a really nice tone. Oh yeah on the mellow section fading out, I took to the bottom, and it worked fine.

Now, I realize that there are many folks who are more interested in a more legit style. I'll see what I can come up with this week before I deliver the Phaeton to FlugelFlyer.

I slapped "Phaeton's Toys" together in a bit of ahurry in my spare time after school this week. I hope those of you who into more contemporary jazz/rock stuff can find something here to enjoy. I'll do the best I can to pay my respects to the rest of you folks out there. In any case, P.T. is just for some dumb fun and a bit-o-joy.

Peace!

Nick Drozdoff

2. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Jesus!

That's tremendous!!! All that in your spare time!!! WTF? Sounds great Nick...

Tony G

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks, man!

Thanks for the kind words! It means so much to hear such things from the folks with the level of talent that people these forums! I really appreciate that.

Peace.

Nick

4. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Very cool........even on lousy laptop speakers. I like it!
    Greg C

5. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Great tune, Nick. This is one more that I'm going to have to download!

Does this Phaeton have the tuning slide moved over to the bell side?

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

Tuning Slide

The tuning slide of the Eclipsed Phaeton is right where htey usually are, but it is very oval shaped! Very free flowing!

Nick

PS: Thanks again fro the kind words re the little tune!
    N