Phone message

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trpt2345, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    "Argghhhh......I've got plenty of air, matey. It just so happens that it escapes out me bottom rather than the top!"

2. Dave

Dave Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  3. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Bud was a big hit yesterday; at afternoon assembly he talked about his career, his education, the things and people that inspired him, lots of anecdotes. He streed the importance of being versatile, being able to meet any challenge, to be prepared.
    Here's a bit I hadn't heard: Bud and a couple other guys in the band and some of the stage hands were avid golfers. When they went on tour they had all these big black crates that carried the instruments, wardrobe, music, etc. So one of the stagehands made an identical crate where they could store ten golf bags, and marked it "miscellaneous equipment'. Thus they got to play golf wherever they went in the world. loved him.
    Then in the master class portion with the brass section from the orchestra he stressed of course air, singing through the horn, and emphasized to the trumpet players that they must play very strongly at times (he felt they were holding back). He really seemed to relish being around youngsters and they loved him. I hope he can come back, he's just a ten minute cab ride away.

Michael McLaughlin

4. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    What an experience!!

Regards,

Trevor

5. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Ditto. Was it recorded or did someone video it?

Richard

6. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Nah. Just a memory now.

Michael McLaughlin