Photo tour of brass instruments factory

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Glennx, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Glennx

Glennx Pianissimo User

Aug 16, 2009
    Ottawa
    I hope this hasn't been previously posted here (I searched, but couldn't find anything) but this photo tour of an unidentified brass instruments factory is fascinating, and definitely worth a look. How a collection of metal bits and pieces looking like my worst home plumbing nightmare gets turned into that shiny idol we all worship is just amazing!

http://zacharymusic.com/Zachary_Music/Factory.htm

BTW: This link was found on the ZacharyMusic website, and it doesn't identify the factory in question except to say "...the factory where some of the best ZeuS instruments are made." Note that this post is not an endorsement of Zachary's store or instruments.

2. keehun

keehun Piano User

Feb 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    I think I read before on TM that Zeus trumpets are pretty nice instruments, but the owner of the place is real trouble to deal with...(?)

Correct me, please?

3. tzvarnell

tzvarnell New Friend

Aug 25, 2010
    OKC
    Thanks for sharing. Neat to see.

4. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    The man is crazy! I think this is the Kanstul Factory! I may be wrong, but I think his horn are assembled by Kanstul!

5. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes it is the Kanstul factory. Zig makes his own line of horns, and contracts out to Zeus as well as Flip Oaks, etc. to make instruments to their specifications.

Yes, Alex is a kook, but I still like him and I love his horns and mpcs. Once you can get by his attitude, he is great to work with. Just think of a "crotchety old man" on steroids.

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Yes, Kanstul builds most of his trumpets and yes the guy who sells Zeus instruments is mentally unstable.