Physicians

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Phil986, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Going through an older thread and reading one of Gary's posts led me to one of these lightbulb-over-the-head moments. No wonder we have several physicians who are also succesful trumpet players around here.

"First do no harm."

If they apply that cardinal rule to every day trumpet practice, I'm sure they can go far:D. It should be in every method, spelled out that clearly and emphasized with the same ceremony that is used in med school...

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    If I am not mistaken that rule has been around a very long time as part of the Hippocratic Oath. However, I'm a pessimist in this regard, as in my career field as a LEO, I came to find that there is a propensity for all rules [laws, vows, pledges, etc. ]to be broken, violated, ignored or not understood. My summation is that the world we know does not exist as a utopia with PEACE throughout. Had it been otherwise, I would have spent my career in education I suppose, or been a professional musician, for there would not have been a need for LEOs, courts, military etc., etc.

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Physician, heal thyself.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    +1

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The trumpet produces a martial sound, capable of breaking things and hurting people.