Pickett Brass

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by latinjazzcat, Oct 18, 2004.

1. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    Anybody have experience with these caps? They certainly look interesting...I'd love to be able to get some recessed caps for my Bach. www.pickettbrass.com

2. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    They do look interesting but Curry has the same thing for substantially less money. I'd consider both if you're looking for a set of heavy caps and buttons.

http://www.currympc.com

3. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Curry XXCAPs

Thanks!
    I too have been looking for recessed caps for my Strad. Now I can do the whole set, and the Curry's are much less expensive!

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I have met Peter Pickett. He is a wonderful person, does great work, and is a very good player. He might be a bit more expensive, but my guess is that he will give personal service. He is a gentleman! Not that there is anything wrong with Curry at all -- but Peter is a bit smaller.

Jim

5. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    What is the point of these?

And why would you want to put them on a Bach?

6. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    Only speaking for myself here, but why? Because when I recently purchased my Bach, it came down between it and a Conn V1, and I really loved the way the caps felt (one minor feature, but nontheless something I liked). So, if I can come closer to a compromise between the two, I figure, why not? Ultimately, I guess it's that and just curiosity. I figure as long as I don't start thinking that it will make up for practice, what can it hurt?

7. dchatmand

dchatmand New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I have recently been in contact with Peter Pickett about getting a set of top and bottom caps for my ambassador that's getting tweaked. He offers things that Curry does not:
    1) bottoms caps are as heavy as you want them
    2) caps, stems, and buttons in different styles
    2) he can make them for ANY horn

www.pickettbrass.com

8. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    I think Andy Taylor uses caps like those on horns he customizes..

Van

9. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I have those on my horn. Pete and a cat named Arlo really hooked me up. I'd buy from him again in a heart beat.