Pics this Week from the Front Lines

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Dale Proctor, Nov 7, 2018 at 2:59 PM.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Thought I'd throw a couple "atmosphere" pics on here from rehearsals this week. The first
    (Monday night) was a rehearsal for a performance of Hodie, a 16 movement cantata by Ralph Vaughan Williams, featuring a full orchestra, large choir, childrens' choir, and soloists. We are also performing Personent Hodie (Festival Processional). The processional features some really nice trumpet quartet and percussion parts. Here's a link to a performance of it by another group:

Hodie.jpg

The second pic is from Tuesday night, and is a brass band dress rehearsal for our Veterans' Day concert. The concert is on Sunday. Tonight (Wednesday), I have a dress rehearsal for the Hodie, and Thursday night is the performance. Back in the saddle again - four nights in a row, 2 down and 2 to go...wish me luck! ;-)

Veterans' Day.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 3:48 PM
  2. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Forte User

Apr 13, 2016
    New Glasgow, N.S. Canada
    Interesting pics, Dale. What mp is that on your cornet ? It appears to have a thin outer rim, similar to the Stork Vacchiano I am currently using on my trumpets.

3. Dale Proctor

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    It's a Bach 3 (no letter). I switched to my Curry 3BBC. shortly after taking the picture, though. It seemed to blend with the section better in that space.

GeorgeB and True Tone like this.
  4. Dale Proctor

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Well, that 8 hour, 4 night playing stint is over. I must be getting old...I'm worn out. A brass band concert on Veterans' Day and then it's on to the Christmas music.

rowuk likes this.
  5. Amateur Hour

Amateur Hour New Friend

Jun 16, 2016
    Mukilteo, Wa
    5280A429-BD77-4DB8-ADD2-2D1A32762B2F.jpeg You know, I’d like to see this thread become a regular. I love seeing pics from rehearsals or performances. The stands/horns, other people doing their thing...
    I find it inspiring. It also satisfies my interest in horns.
    Here’s a pic from a rehearsal of Matilda. (Not me— I don’t play at that level)

gmonady and Dale Proctor like this.
  6. Dale Proctor

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Here's a pic from a performance a year or two ago. I don't take many pics from the stage, and save even fewer of them.

0B41953C-F67D-4BED-9A5A-650F9ECA394F.jpg

Here's one from a brass band rehearsal.

cornet-row.jpg

Amateur Hour likes this.