Picture Windows

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rowuk, May 18, 2007.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I had a successful concert with a great organist yesterday (Veyvanovsky, Bach, Telemann, Messaien, Ketting, Fauré, Bellini, Mozart) and we are making plans for a concert next year. We generally like themes and the idea of Picture Windows came up. The preliminary choice of tunes:

Petr Eben Windows
    Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition (for organ solo - I am not aware of a T/O version - but maybe I'll get around to doing one myself)
    Anthony Plog 4 Themes on Paintings of Edward Munch

We want to do a multimedia presentation with the appropriate pictures beamed on the wall. I am interested if any of you have played these pieces, gotten permission to use the pictures during a performance (and from whom you got permission) or any other interesting anecdotes. I have performed the Eben twice - without the pictures.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Did the Eben with slides in Germany, and everything fell under the general copyright license the evangelical Kirche has. Played it on D trumpet, by the way. ITG had a CD giveaway with Vince DiMartino's Art of the Transcription which includes Pictures. You can order it from the ITG website for $16.00

Have fun!