PICTURES ADDED!, My new Monette B993.

Discussion in 'Horns' started by cmcdougall, Jan 5, 2006.

1. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    After the long wait my new Monette 993 is here, and I am overwhelmed. I have been playing it for about 2 hours pretty much without stopping, everything is just so good, reponse is off the chart, my upper range is more fortified especially toward the high D and E. And looks, oh my, brushed gold so I'll leave that one alone, its just great. Dave Monette is a genius, he really is. I have played so many horns and I have never played anything that comes close to this, it really is in a league of it's own, more information will come as I play it more, and pictures are coming soon. By the way I think they mean it literally with the year wait, I checked my records and I ordered it on January 5, 2005. Ok, I'm going to go play more!

http://photobucket.com/albums/d148/cmcdougall/?action=view&current=DSC00755.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/d148/cmcdougall/?action=view&current=DSC00757.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/d148/cmcdougall/?action=view&current=DSC00756.jpg

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Wooooo hoooooo! Congratulations! I received an email from Dave today concerning the beginnings of my process and I was thrilled! I am going out there in February and can't wait.

I am so INCREDIBLY happy for you! Now don't hurt yourself playing non-stop. OK....since you probably will, make sure to ice your chops down now and again. ;-)

I REALLY want to get the gold finish.......hmmmmmm. Your post is making me salivate! LOL.

3. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Congrats Collin!!! :wave:

Please post some pictures so we can see your new baby!

I'm glad to hear it's all you imagined and more.

Alex... it's only a matter of time and we will be hearing from you :thumbsup:

Ummm, I wonder if Dave will let me sweep his shop floors for a year???

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Heh, heh 229, those are cute!....I am sure CMC will get around to it, but right now, I think he is playing until he bleeds and admiring his new baby. That's what I would be doing! :D

(but yeah CMC, we really want to see some pics!)

5. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    I will post links tommorow, after I get time to take some :D .

6. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Collin,

Congradulations!!! This is very ironic, because I too got a Monette in the mail today which was also almost a year in the making. Long story short: a Boston freelancer tried to sell Monette #660, an E-flat made for Andrew Balio, almost exactly a year ago. By the time I got the money together, he had already sold it to someone at the University of Wisconson. My heart was broken. Then a friend told me that a Monette E-flat was up for sale on TH. I emailed the guy and it turns out to be the EXACT SAME HORN! #660!!! The timing worked out perfectly. I had the money, so now I have it in my bedroom!

Here's the downer: On monday night I had some pretty bad abdominal pain and the next day, Tuesday, had my appendix removed, so all I can do is look at the dang thing!!! I tried to play, and got through the first three notes of the Haydn, but literally almost blew my guts out (sorry, thats gross). I too will post pics, although I can't remember exactly how to do that...

-Jimi

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Yay, Collin and Jimi!!!

Many wonderful years of playing ahead of you...

ML

8. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Collin,
    Sorry to beat you to it, but I have a feeling your new baby is a lot prettier than mine anyway. (Besides, you're off playing yours while, at the moment, I can only drool and take pictures)
    -Jimi

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, perhaps Jimi.....but your baby sure is purdy too! I'll have to mail both of you guys cigars. :D Congratulations!

Footnote: please don't jump the gun on your healing. Your baby will be there waiting for you (torturing you with temptation), but make sure your guts are healed first. Please?

10. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    How do you post pictures directly to the forum? I have a photobucket account.