pictures of 1996 Harrelson

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by evilscience, May 31, 2005.

1. evilscience

evilscience New Friend

May 31, 2005
  2. evilscience

evilscience New Friend

May 31, 2005
  3. evilscience

evilscience New Friend

May 31, 2005
  4. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Just FYI, no offense meant, you can "Edit" your posts if there's something wrong with them. :cool:

Dave

5. evilscience

evilscience New Friend

May 31, 2005
    Thanks much,I see I can edit,how did i miss that.

6. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Something about that horn reminds me of an Inderbinen.

Van

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    :dontknow:

I'm not quite sure what to think. At first glance it looks like a wanna be Monette Raja with sheet metal for bracing. A bunch of metal slapped onto the valve casing. And a Malone style leadpipe tuning slide configuration.

8. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    His old horns were some of the most miserable looking things out there. His current horns look great though, and it's obvious by testimonials that they're players. I think mere experience has helped him get the visual part down pat along with the acoustic part.

Has he ever modified an Eb/D by chance?

9. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    I'm not sure I understand his leadpipe seteup. At first glance it looks like a hidden reverse pipe à la Bob Malone but on closer inspection it looks like a hidden standard pipe. I remember him mentioning something about a double reverse leadpipe on eBay or TH or something. Kinda strange idea...why would you want to make the leadpipe shorter? Wouldn't that make the pitch worse? Isn't the shorter leadpipe why higher pitched trumpets can be such devils to keep in tune?

Anyway, I'd love to play one of his horns. He's had some great reviews and I'd be really interested to see what some strategically placed weight can do to an instrument. I'm skeptical but interested.

10. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Trumpetpimp,

You're definitely not the only one. He really goes overboard with the heavy concept of trumpet building, and each new design he comes up with is more and more attractive (Except for the seashell one, WTF?! :lol: ).

Evilscience, are you the owner of that horn?

Van