Pictures of my Eclipse MR....THANK YOU LEIGH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by silverstar, Nov 9, 2005.

1. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Ok...pictures of my new baby....THANK YOU LEIGH!!!!!!

(Sorry they're so dark...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow...ok, so I kinda went over board with pictures...I hope that isn't too many!!!

I have to say, I love this horn to death. It and I have become inseperable...even as I've been sick...every day I've taken her out of her case and just pretended like I was playing....(ok...so, I'm a little weird...but she's sooooooo pretty!)

Anyway, I love my new horn....it's everything I could have dreamed of and more!

Lara

2. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hello Lara,

Good to hear that you are still so excited about it/her! I got mine here on my lap, she's saying hello to yours :thumbsup:

So, did you get used to the "REKA"-stunt? :roll:

Best wishes,

Frank

3. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Lara-

Those are very artfully shot photos. What a gorgeous horn.

Pat

4. silverstar

Jan 6, 2005
    Thanks...I was trying to make it so that the horn would stand out and look as pretty and shiny as it does in real life (and tried to make it look like the pictures on Leigh's website....because those are some gorgeous photos!) and....well...I think the first one was the best. lol.

Frank, 'REKA' stunt? I'm not following you on that one....???? :?:

Lara

5. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Hey Lara

I envy you that beautiful trumpet. I have to play much lower grade horns in my old age, as the King Silvertone Super 20 Symphony Model that I spent two years of high school and all of college with was stolen from the closet of my room in the B.O.Q. at the Naval Hospital in San Diego, Ca.. It was the finest to be had at the time I received it from my dad, who played it for about 25 years before giving it to me. I did love that thing.

BTW, you call your trumpet by a female name. Do you want all of us guys to quit flirting with you because we have found out that you put a lip lock on her?

:-?

OLDLOU>>

6. silverstar

Jan 6, 2005
    OldLou,

The reason I keep saying 'her' is because Leigh told me that all of his trumpets are women...so...that makes my trumpet a girl.

No, go right on flirting. I'm not 'that way'.... :-? :lol: :lol:

Lara

7. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Trumpet with a girls name.

I had better quit flirting with you. I have several grandchildren older than you. Some will think that I am 'a dirty old man'. True, but I don't think it wise to advertise my moral failings. :evil:

OLDLOU>>

8. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    I would like to ask you about the tuning in the bell crook. How stable is that locking mechanism? Not that you should have to make quick adjustments ...but it does seem like a cause for concern. Especially if you ever "forget" to tighten that thing and pick the horn up by the bell croo.. or, should I say tuning slide!?

Just curious... but wow... super gorgeous horn. Is the star an engraving?

I bet it plays great. Congrats...

9. silverstar

Jan 6, 2005
    Yes, it's very stable. If you forget to tighten it and pick it up by the bell crook, it will just go really out of tune...there's a bar with two sides on it..oh here, I'm terrible at explaining things...let me see if I can get a picture....
    [​IMG]

There...I don't know if that helps at all..but there it is.

The star is actually not an engraving, it's just un-scratched, while the rest of the trumpet is scratch gold.

Lara

10. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    You're very lucky. What I wouldn't give to have one of Leigh's horns for my upcoming recital. I entered the contests, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. Enjoy it!