Pictures of your trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jazz9, Jan 9, 2008.

1. francolinni

francolinni New Friend

Dec 14, 2007
    Philly
    Hey there! I believe Bach shop guy is a former machine shop owner & metallurgist. Also a total precision nut. Thanks for the Magnum info. I'll get killed no more deader for another $500 bucks,so that don't matter. But since we're talkin about it,& I'm drooling (just love the big horn): Is the Mag a limited run model, how long will it be available,is there a waiting list,how delicate is that rimless bell. Also, the 3rd valve cylinder on your S-1, is a bit longer than I've ever seen. Is it a compensation move for pitch considerations? Just curious about the dynamics of it. But from everything I hear & read, yours are the next era of lengendary horns, a must own. Probably a few of us out here waiting to be tweaked, so blow your horn & tell us about them in plain guy speak. Thanks again, Franco

2. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY

Eric,these are some of the best horns in the World.
    In my opinion,whatever gets the job done,is special.Brand makes no difference at all.

3. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    I'm not underselling these. I love them. I'm just saying that they arent as pretty as some of the others on this thread. They are very standard horns. I do like them but I am really excited to try the stage one flugel at some point.

4. Nordic Trumpet

Nordic Trumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    I know what you mean Eric. I too got to the point where I wanted something different than the standard Bach or Yammie.

5. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    You guys on here all post pictures of your great looking horns, and all I've got is a Bach student model to show for my trumpet-playing life so far. Well, that will change sometime soon when I can get one of those horns from NYTC. By the way, those horns eisprl posted are really great. I love the vintage look on the Bach, and the flug looks really good too.

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Don't forget the oldies! Style and great tone....[​IMG]

7. Nordic Trumpet

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    That's a true beauty ANA Mendez! :-)

8. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Thank you!
    Just back from brass genius back east who will remain nameless as he is too busy already....:-)

9. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    What kind is it? It is a great horn, and I bet it plays awesome.

10. Nordic Trumpet

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    Just out of curiosity how much did it cost to buy, and then to get it in that superb shape it looks to be in now?

If you rather not answer a money related issue here I completely understand. Not quite sure I should be asking this in public in the first place.

It would be nice to know if I were to engage in such a project myself. :-)