Pictures of your trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jazz9, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Nordic Trumpet

Nordic Trumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway

Thanks jazz9 :-)

The trumpet is actually a Stage 1 New York (not the NY7 !) which was made through a collaboration between New York Trumpet Company and austrian master craftsman Anton Possegger. The design is by Felix Vayser at NYTC and Possegger built the horn. I'm sorry to say it was a limited version (limited to 100 builds) and is no longer in production.

It is, by far, the BEST trumpet I've ever played! And the palladium finish, which may look like silver, is actually darker than silver and in my opinion much better looking.

Possegger still builds trumpets with a similar look though. I'm not quite sure if he has the palladium finish as an option, but he has some other stunning finishes to offer. Have a look at The Premier Custom Trumpet Shop - New York Trumpet Company.

I think I saw a recent thread here about NYTC and Possegger showing some horns in NY...??

2. Nordic Trumpet

Nordic Trumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    I know :cool:

Same to you man!

3. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  4. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    I have played one of thsoe NY Stage 1's and If I ever see one for sale may have to buy it. They play very nice.

I have played the Cal flugels at a few shows and think it will be my next NYTC horn to aquire. They play very nicely and in tune. After I hear Tony Kadleck play one I can only hope to have such a smooth beautiful tone. At least I know the horn has the capability :-)

5. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    ALLCHOPS, that is a very unique horn. Is it yours?

Nordic, hopefully some day I'll be able to buy a horn like that, but I'll get a demo Classic Bb until then. Thanks for showing me that amazing trumpet!
    (the flugelhorn isn't half bad either :)

BTW, ALLCHOPS, is that horn the exact same thing as the one on NYTC's site? It says that is a one of a kind, and I believe it, but the pictures look just slightly different.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  6. francolinni

francolinni New Friend

Dec 14, 2007
    Philly
    Jazz: Was just on ebay. Go to musical instruments,click brass.click trumpets/coronets. Then Bach shop trumpets. There you will find a beautifull,totally restored Olds Mendez. This guy restored my '55 Martin Committee Delux, my ' 56 Olds Opera,& my '56 Olds Super. Incredible,beautiful workmanship. Just read the copy,give him a call,& tell him Franco sent ya. He will deal,but he's a tough old bird. His name is Guytano, and as a square shooter as they come. If ya got that kind of $$ to invest, you'll be the envy of all. When my boys first saw my Martin, total silence. It's at least worth the look,& if I can get someone else to buy it before I give in to the temptation, my wife won't kill me. Seriously, give this dude's page a look,it will give ya a measuring point to judge by. Me, I can't bring myself to shop anyplace else. I got him restoring a vintage NY Strad for me now, or I'd snap that Mendez up without a thought. Ever play a vintage pro Olds ? They're really something. Luck, Franco

7. francolinni

francolinni New Friend

Dec 14, 2007
    Philly
    Jazz: Me again.The transition is noticable. When I first got my Opera, thought I was havin brain farts.( just had a new set of veniers on her today! bore=.508 @ 2nd vlv slide)I believe this is the correct measuring point. If not feel free to square me away.Now .468 to .508 is only .040 difference, but filling that Opera up to produce what she's capable of took some gettin used to for my old ass. Hey guys, this is a great thread,let's keep it runnin. Gonna post pics as soon as I get my grandkids to show me how. Well,they are good for somethin besides breakin my stones afterall! Franco

8. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    francolinni, thanks a lot for the advice. I went on ebay, but I just can't find the Bach shop. There are plenty of Bach horns, but I can't find the shop. ??????

9. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    You know, I think I found what you were talking about. Is this it?

[​IMG]

It said it was an Olds Mendez, and you are absolutely right. It is an absolutely astonishing horn! As much as I would like to buy something this good looking, I am in the process of buying an NYTC Stage 1 horn. You see, I just got my first job, and I am saving every cent for a new horn. (Right now all I have is my beginner's Bach model) I have to tell you, I haven't even heard of Olds until I went to this site. I would definitely have to try it out before I bought it, but it is just amazing. As I said though, I have been looking to purchase an NYTC horn, so I doubt I will be able to get this one. I do appreciate the thought though. Buy it for yourself! I don't know a trumpet player in the world who wouldn't love to have this horn! (including me now!)

By the way, I finally found his store. He has five great-looking horns! I believe after I get the Stage 1, I will look to him for another horn because some are relatively cheap. I can't believe they are under $500.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  10. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    Just to clarify, I will have the money to invest on a really good horn, I just think it will be going to NYTC.