Pilczuk Accusonic Leadpipes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ZacJames123, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ZacJames123

ZacJames123 New Friend

Mar 23, 2010
    Rescue CA
    Hey guys, I was on Rich Ita's website when I saw his pilczuk accusonic leadpipes. Has anyone played with these? I am thinking about getting one. I'm open to all opinions. -Zac :play:

2. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I knew and respected Gene Pilczuk when we both worked at York Band Instrument Co.. It was soon thereafter that Gene developed his revolutionary leadpipe. He perfected it while working in the original Yamaha musical instrument assembly plant in the U.S.A.. I obtained one of his leadpipes and he fitted it to one of my King Liberty trumpets. The horn was transformed. It played properly in tune with itself and centered notes from the bottom to the top of the scale perfectly. I still have that horn and like it greatly. I installed a Pilczuk leadpipe on my Conn 2B as well. That is now my prime trumpet.

OLDLOU>>

3. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

For a good deal on Pilczuk pipes email John: [email protected]

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The trumpet is a pretty complex beast and the leadpipe needs to harmonize with the rest of the horn.

I ALWAYS advocate playing before you pay. Even more important is playing before you take the torch to your axe.

Just be careful. There is no Excalibur in the world of trumpet.

5. nieuwguyski

nieuwguyski Forte User

Aug 9, 2004
    Santa Cruz County, CA
    That's the nice thing about Rich Ita's business model. He sends you four or five Pilczuk pipes, with clamps to mount them on your trumpet beside the stock pipe. You have a week to audition the leadpipes. If you don't like any of them, you send them back and you're only out shipping.

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    The leadpipe is the critical component of a trumpet and a Pilczuk leadpipe will indeed make a significant improvement in how a average trumpet plays. I've used them on a bunch of customized horns.