Planning a trumpet hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by entrancing1, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Hey, I'll come!

2. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    Here are a few suggestions from a recent trumpet hang near Columbus, Ohio sponsored by Cowtowntrumpet. Consider inviting a local music merchant or two who might want to build awareness of their business. After all, everyone needs supplies from time to time. They may even provide some discounted services or trumpet related goods for a captive market. You might also consider a talented teacher willing to work with any one desiring a lesson, but it's a good idea to have any interested participant register and/or pay in advance if there is a fee. Lastly, have every attendee register with name, email and phone upon arrival. The information would be good for getting feedback and for contacts if you decide to have another hang in the future.

I hope this proves helpful and I wish I could participate. The Columbus hang was very cool.
    LJH

3. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    I don't know how I forget this suggestion in my previous posting, but at the Columbus trumpet hang a very attractive woman greeted everyone. She easily got names, numbers and emails although I'm positive they weren't for personal use. She may have been security too! In any case, she was very nice to everyone.
    LJH

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Let me know when you plan to take your HANG on the road. When you pass through Oregon, I've got a few nice ones to add to the mix .....

Turtle

5. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks for all the great suggestions.

6. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Does Oscar get to be a critic?

Wish buffalo was closer:oops:

7. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Oscar comes racing and sings along to Whistler and His Dog, Oh Where oh Where has my Little Dog Gone and How much is that Doggie in the Window, He couldn't care less about the rest of Freddie's repetoire.:D

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Even though I have a very supportive wife, (and would bring her) I would come just to meet you, e.

9. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    If I thought the weather wouldn't be a problem,( yeah, right, we're talking Buffalo and the Lake Erie snow belt here). I'd try to get the wife to come and use the Soul to get up there.

E1, we had a doxie when we first got married that would start singing when ever "Dream Weaver" came on the stereo FM station( dating myself here). She'd also sing along with my wife........Buck:lol::oops:

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I miss a good dog that sings. My cat just gives me a look and walks out.:dontknow:

Turtle