Plastic smooth valve trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Churchman, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
  2. Alrocks

Alrocks New Friend

Jan 22, 2015
    Devon, UK
    The link you posted doesn't have anything to do with trumpets! If you are talking about the PTrumpet, I kind of agree. They are meant to be quite good from what I have heard. A friend of mine has a PBone, the plastic trombone, and it actually does sound surprisingly ok and plays well too. I think a brass instrument for the same price will not be as good as the plastic ones. However, for just a bit more money you can get a brass instrument that will be much better and, ummm, a real brass instrument to boot. If these plastic instruments do become as popular as it seems they might, we could end up with plastic bands instead of brass bands!

3. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Well, the ptrumpet has its uses... it's almost impossible to dent and extremely light and therefore an ideal beginner's instrument for smaller kids. I've got myself one as resident trumpet for the caravan - everything else in there is plastic, too...

4. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina

I've heard that now there is even PLASTIC SURGERY. What next? Does plastic surgery make one's face impossible to dent?

5. Churchman

Apr 26, 2012
  6. Churchman

Apr 26, 2012
    Nope. the link that takes you to it doesn't take you to it after its been posted...

no matter how hard I try it never takes you to the item, but to the alibaba express home page. Strange and mysterious fail!

However, try this = go to alibaba.com and then search for 'TR046 Plastic trumpet'

7. Alrocks

Alrocks New Friend

Jan 22, 2015
    Devon, UK
    No the link has a redirect on it.

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Plastic trumpets - well I am very happy with my latest Gold Tromba. Played it for half a rehearsal in Concert Band last week-end, and nobody picked it. We played through a few pieces, and it works well. Ideal for a back up for camping, of for a young kid - it is light, and the valves work great.

The Flugelhorn and Cornet look great - are they brass instruments? No
    Are the plastic Tromba trumpets a real musical instrument - Yes.

I like the fact I can use the same valve oils and slide grease as my normal horn.

9. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    As long as we don't end up with rubber bands

10. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Rather buy an Old Ambassdor cornet or save up for a better horn