%: Player, Trumpet, Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Apr 11, 2013.

1. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    Hey guys this is all dangerous stuff -it cancels the n+1 theory!!:shhh::shhh::whistle::cry::woop::oops::D

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The Art is developing your own "system of rules" that support your own theory.... Thelonious Monk was the poster child for this.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Nah, it just creates an n + 2 theory. Those who believe in n + 1 will still have n + 1 to keep them content and their significant others on edge.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I hear you, Ed--that's exactly what kept me from entering law enforcement. I just wanted to carry a gun and tell people what to do....

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    At the time it paid nearly twice a teacher's salary, and continued to pay more. Now I'll just take the "wild" side when it comes to music and play music however I want to and can ... but I wouldn't dare call it improvisation. Currently my interests are polyharmonic attempts (the melody in one key and the harmonics in another). I'm the not the first to attempt this I'm sure. I guarantee I'm not the only one that ignores the rules and regimens of music, but since I play for my own enjoyment no one will arrest me.

6. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    In that regard so was Harry Partch.

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    maybe for YOU -- but not for me -- YOU see, I only have 1 of me (THE PLAYER) and the 1 of me is fading away. SO I therefore have to look for alternatives that theoretically can make me a better player -- even if my abilities are declining ----- so you end up with N+1 (and for some people they also have the MPC+1) -- so because we are (the PLAYER) in some sort of variable -- --we need corresponding EQUIPMENT to offset that -- N+1, MPC+1 ARE DEFINITLY HERE TO STAY ((and that is 100%) ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Yeah, Euclid's postulates of doubling the cube, squaring the circle, and tri-secting the angle without calibrated instruments has been accomplished by Maurice Kidjel with whom I've personal acquaintance.

9. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Mathematics and music do bear a face, as my Gramps said. But I like Pythagoras meself.....

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The N+1, especially with mouthpieces, will be around forever, lazy and insolent lot that we are.