Playing A Lot (Bb, Picc and D trumpet)...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bjrtrumpet, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Bjrtrumpet

Bjrtrumpet New Friend

Dec 3, 2005
    New York
    I have been preparing myself for the upcoming week for a while now. I play in a number of ensembles in and out of school but I have never had to play sigificant pieces for multiple days.

Basically, I have to perform Brandeburg Concerto No. 2 (2x) dress rehearsal monday afternoon, Mozart concerto in D 1st Mvt for evening class at school Tue Orchestra (1st trumpet Beethoven Missa Solemins) and Christmas Oratorio evening rehearsal Wed quintet rehearsal, brandenburg eve concert, thurs chrismas orartorio rehearsal, friday orchestra concert Missa Solemnis and then....sat oratorio performance and sunday morning jazz combo rehearsal, oratorio afternoon performance.

Any suggestions for preparation?? I feel confidant with all of the music (notes are not a problem) just about the physical aspect of playing

:?:

thanks for any help

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Don't think about how much you're playing. Make sure to warm up every day on a BIG trumpet. Don't play anymore than you have to. And most importantly... enjoy all the awesome music you're playing! What you're about to do is like eating a gourmet 20 course meal. Just enjoy it as much as you can. Thinking about hw much of a friggin' genious Bach was can get your mind off you're own depleted physical condition. Hope this helps.
    -Jimi

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Very simply; take it easy for the rehearsals and let it go for the shows. If you can play those pieces, you can play them. Just be smart when it comes to the rehearsals.

ML

4. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I'm just getting done with my week of playing a musical every night with constant playing throughout the day and a few midnight rehearsals after the musical, my face started feeling about Thursday, but I slapped some vitamin A & D ointment on it and survived the week. It didn't completely heal me, but it did help me make it through the week while still making some decent sounds, best of luck!

5. andredub

andredub Pianissimo User

Oct 16, 2005
    Toronto
    Might I suggest lip collagen injections, followed by beer. Beer chops do wonders!

Actually, taking it easy during rehearsals seems like a much better idea.
    Then again, youd have nice, full and wrinkle free lips.....

Good luck, I'm sure your shows will be amazing :D

Andre

6. Bjrtrumpet

Bjrtrumpet New Friend

Dec 3, 2005
    New York

I will keep that in mind, however I dont drink. :-) THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS... IM STILL ALIVE and all went very well :D

7. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I'm curious, why only the first movement? The whole piece is pretty short, and ther is great contrast between the movements. I performed it twice in the past few weeks. It is a fun piece.