Playing after recovery of any kind.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sofus, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    Ted,

Those are very kind and encouraging words, thank you. That is the kind of encouragement is just what is needed when frustrated.

Best Wishes,

DK

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    DK,

I spend a fair bit of my time on TM finding a source of amusement in what everyone posts (perhaps too much) - just occasionally though, I feel that I should actually add something to the discussion, even if all I have to offer is encouragement. You seem to be be where many of us have travelled, and occasionally we lapse - one of the amateur's challenges is to keep the enthusiasm going against all the seemingly insurmountable odds. Trumpet in good health, with my (our) support and good wishes. ;-)

3. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    I had eight molars extracted and was playing fine in two days. I have had two canine teeth extracted as well as one lower front tooth and was pretty much unaffected. But for eating I must now wear partial dentures and I prefer to play without them.
    I had a rebuild on my legs with both knees replaced as well as other torture to the leg bones and was in a nursing home for a month learning to walk. I could not play there at all.
    Then I had a huge heart problem and had to get a cow valve to replace my aortic valve. Splitting my chest opened involved a year of serious chest pain but I could play a bit just a day or two after coming home and that was only four days following the surgery so it was a week total. That heart surgery is still limiting me a bit after 13 months of recovery.
    Oddly I am now having an issue with my lower lip getting a bit too strong and too thick and it is causing me to have both good and bad days playing. I seem to be evolving and every change brings it own challenges. Usually thinking can help me find away around a problem. But sometimes it takes a while to find a fix when trouble pops up.