Playing High C well

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MrRage, Dec 25, 2011.

1. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    yes...

this is not a high note...

but it will pay the billz...

welcome to the wold of prof. trumpet players...

who needs da DUBBA C? not me...

2. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Technically, not many people. But like me, a lot of people want it just because.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    but the D at 7 1/2 ledger lines is a HIGH note -- I am sure of it --- well it seems high, it seems difficult --- hey, maybe that is the key to what is a HIGH note --is it easy or difficult --- I mean some kid who just started the trumpet 3 years ago, and can play the G on top of the staff -- for him that is a HIGH note --- for others, it isn't ---- I think we should applaud all people who are playing the trumpet and seeking their next HIGH note, that they can play musically, or will play musically in the future --- that is what I think!!!!!!!!!!!! do some of us need a High C, or a Double High C +???? maybe not -- but do we want it??? and musically?? Yeah, I think so............

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Well, congrats on the thinking aspect.

Your right about the high note thing, some notes seemed high to me, but now I can look down on them. It is all on your current range to define what is high for you.

5. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I too find the High D for some reason more comfortable in the upper range than any other note- I can play a High D all day, ceaselessly.

When I play In the Mood I end it on a Double F# above High C- the last time I gigged it I felt really good and topped it with a Dubba B, it feels great at the end of that tune! :play::thumbsup:

6. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    ...if you think the trumpet is hard, then it will be hard...

...if you think a note is "high," then it will be hard...

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    MrRage -- OP, are you listening to all of this???? the biggest point is focus, and determination, and correct practice regimen --- and NOT GETTING frustrated with the progress, as it may seem slow or impossible at some times --- but a year, or two from now--- you may have a different perspective!!!!!!!!!

8. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    The practice it takes to achieve and improve your range is a very specific practice routine. Also to improve your upper notes you have to play up there. If you don’t know how to practice correctly in your upper range you need to research and find the correct way to do it or you will either just spin your wheels, or worse damage your chops. If you want a good solid “C” above the staff, no matter which “C” we’re talking about here, you need to be practicing at least a 4[SUP]th[/SUP] above that to really ”OWN” this “C”, and so on. Patience is a virtue here also ! And I agree, upper range needs to be a personal goal, needs to be musical, and you’ll make your money on all the notes up to a high “C” so put your time in on those notes too ! [​IMG]