Playing inspirational & Christian music.......how do you react to applause??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by guitarsrmine, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks man - I was struggling with sunburn lips at the end of July, and that led to angular chelitis (pretty much persistent sore lips, cold sores) for the next 2 months --- hopefully that is all cured for now. After those few months of frustration, and the subsequent couple of months to get the lips somewhat back in shape --- here I am.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Tobylou8, perhaps if you mount a scope on that rifle, the next time, you might not miss.

tobylou8 likes this.
  3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That and a huge boat load of Penicillin!

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    What, you use your lips to be on TM, or what?

5. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    You can look at it from two levels.

1. They are thanking your for your performance.
    Acknowledge their applause for your performance.

2. You are sharing your talents with others.
    Acknowledge your talents given to you by God.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Applause is recognition of something special. If you are being applauded (well it could be the accompaniment that is being applauded), bow and then thank the accompanist. That is a sign of humility. I do not applaud the cross. To me that is more like hanging out my religiousness on a clothesline. Sincere humility and thankfulness does not require any specific motions. They ooze out of your pores if you truly believe!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Hey Doc -- there are little kids, and confused adults reading these posts ---- so you should know, Penicillin is not the prerequisite medicine to cure angular chelitis ------ shame, shame, shame ---- hey does that make you a QUACK UP???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uh -- no -- but there was NOTHING to report on --- except a frustrating trumpet moment -- and who knows but maybe I would have quit -- and ..............I wasn't sure if the lips would ever recover.......................... so what was I to say?????????????????????? And I hadn't been doing any performances, and few practice sessions..........................and everything that I gained in a 3 year comeback seemed to be in jeopardy.....................................and if I never played again....................................and.....................and...................................and..................and...........

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    For some of infectious etiologies that you got from "down under" KT, it is... Oh boy, yes it is...
    [Keeping this reply to the "family version"]

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    That's a truly frightening thought right there!