Playing inspirational & Christian music.......how do you react to applause??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by guitarsrmine, Oct 27, 2011.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Well he plays by EAR ....

2. The Weez

The Weez Piano User

Dec 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I'm with old lou. I prefer no clapping in church settings, but if they do I'll smile and nod my head.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    wow you make that sound like the Aussies are filled with infectious diseases ---- I think they might take objection to your thoughts ---- then again it might be your thoughts that are objectionable ---- then again some infectious etiologies are actually uncurable via penicillin or any other known medical treatment ---- and that should be a very scary thing to all those out there exhibiting "risky" behavior!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    In any case I was at a Mennonite church last night during their annual Thanksgiving dinner. Mennonites are known for their very reserved behavior, and "older style" of dress, often called the "plain dressed people", "or the black hat suspender people" - nonetheless here in rural NY they make very nice neighbors, and are some of the few people you can always count on to help you out. So I occasionally attend their church or functions --- Last night the youth group sang --- and since the dinner was a mixed group of "non" mennonite people like me -- some clapped, and before you know it ---EVERYBODY was clapping, even the Mennonites, and In the past 2 years or so I had never seen the Mennonites clap at anytime. I am pretty sure --"clapping" in church, or for a recognition of people using God's gifts for singing, or serving --- is quite acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!! even in the most reserved churches!!!!!!!!!!

5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I agree with many of the above sentiments. It is humbling merely to be able to play in the orchestra at church. I have had many to come up after church and express the appreciation of the worship and my contribution. It is totally appropriate to thank them. I was taught that it was "False humility" to say something like, "that wasn't me that was Jesus." It is gracious to take a bow, point to heaven and give God the glory. He is the central focus of not only our worship. but hopefullu our entire lives. I'd like to thank you for bringing up this subject. It is a good question. I feel privileged to be apart of ths TM forum. God Bless You All!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    There is another way to interpret he phrase "down under". Take this meaning as "the other way".

Now your getting hot. Man are you getting hot. Time for another dose of antibiotic KT.

So in keeping with the theme of this thread: Let us pray for you. Applause, applause.

7. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    Make sure everyone in the room gets a really good view of you draining your water keys...make a good show of it.....they'll have no problem not confusing you with God Almighty.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    NO NO NO!!! You do that when their eyes are closed! :roll::roll:

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    ahhh shucks man -- you don't put a rag on the floor behind you??? and periodically turn around to empty spit valves, shielding the audience from that ungodly sight of each of us being mere mortals ---- I am doing it all wrong --------------ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    ..... so you wait till they are praying and then .... dribble - dribble - whoosh - and ping (as the Amado is released) ..... yuk!