Playing on full/empty stomach

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Vstern, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    Sounds like a good (mafia or jazz trumpeter) nickname....."Noodles."....just ad whatever your first name is to the front of it (Johnny, Joey, Eddie, etc.)

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I don't eat before a gig. However, some of the gigs I've done have been at hotels where the restaurant/bar has stopped doing food before we're done playing which isn't so good as I'm usually starving by that time...

--bumblebee

P.S. must remember to bring some bananas - I always forget to bring food with me...

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yeah, but the passion you have playing for that meal... enhanced performance... then look out crowd, throw me the raw steak. Go get it tiger!!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Or for a bumblebee, would it be Go get it honey!! But then people would think you and I got a thing goin' on if that is miss read... so I think we should just go for the steak, right mate?

5. NeonMarmot

NeonMarmot New Friend

Sep 25, 2010
    I love playing after having a huge meal and feeling nice and full. I sound best, I feel like I have more weight behind my sound- it's bigger and warmer. I would agree with what the OP is saying about having something to breathe against, it's a tricky feeling to describe but I just feel like I have better air support when full.