Playing trumpet in winter

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jazz9, Dec 20, 2007.

1. pipedope

pipedope Pianissimo User

Sep 2, 2007

At least now there are plastic MPs available.
    Winter parades when I was in HS in Indiana were rough.
    With a Kelly MP it would have been much easier.

2. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    there are plastic MPs available.- pipedope

What is an MP???

3. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Plastic mouthpiece!

4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I have contacted all of the local music stores in quest of a tube of Chopsaver to try. None of them have ever heard of it. Now what? I refuse to use my credit card except face to face.

OLDLOU>>

5. pipedope

pipedope Pianissimo User

Sep 2, 2007
    Sorry for being lazy.

MP = Mouth Piece

Kelly makes them in lexan and they are great for cold not to mention the cool colors.
    Kelly(TM) Mouthpieces - Bringing Color to Music!®

For most playing I use my Wedge MP and LOVE it.
    Harrison Wedge Mouthpiece

I am typing with one hand because my lymphoma still has my right arm paralyzed for now.
    I have experience in technical writing and usually spell out any shorthand the first time I use it.

6. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    Maybe trade a trumpet for a box of them? If anybody close by has any, of course. I picked up a tube lying on a counter at my music store and said I'd take a couple more (for my niece and nephew), and they told this was all they had. More coming, supposedly, but this was nearly a month ago.

7. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    MP= mouthpiece
    Duh, I can't believe I didn't get that the first time around. Sorry everyone for the stupidity.
    I got my first two tubes of ChopSaver at a Drum Corps International competition. Carolina Crown had it in their trailer. Other than that, oldlou, I don't know where to buy it.

8. omelet

omelet Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2007
    charleston, sc
    i find that if i put lip balm or chapstick on my lips and leave it there it actually makes my lips worse later, but if i put some on and wipe it off soon after it works better for some reason.

9. TisEkard

TisEkard Pianissimo User

Jul 28, 2006
    L.A./Orange County CA
    I use this stuff called Aquaphor Healing Ointment (Advanced Therapy) for dry or cracked skin. It works so well for chapped lips, better than anything else I have tried. You can get it at any supermarket or drug store. My lips get really really chapped. Sometimes so bad I can barely play. But this stuff does the job.