Please help a fellow trumpeter in need (please read)

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by TrentAustin, Sep 3, 2004.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hi Gang,

I hope this message finds you and finds you all well!

I'm writing to let every TPIN'er know about a special benefit concert that I'm participating in for a very special friend.

A great friend and mentor on the Trumpet, Karen Antonio-Muenzinger, is very ill from cancer. She has been out of the professional circuit here in Boston and really needs our help.We're holding a concert in her honor on Friday, September 10th. For Full Details please go to www.innovatabrass.com or email me for any details.Since we are all a band of trumpeters in this world I know that most of you will not be able to attend. Therefore please keep Karen in your prayers or contact me at [email protected] directly if you'd like to help.

Benefit CONCERT for Boston Trumpeter Karen Antonio Muenzinger
    Friday, September 10th
    7:30 PM
    Parish of the Epiphany
    70 Church St.
    Winchester, MA
    http://www.3crowns.org

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
    Sincerely,

Trent Austin

2. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks to all the interest I've received so far. Please remember that no donation is too small.

Here's the address for those that would like to contribute or can not attend the benefit.

Innovata Brass
    KAM - Donations
    Post Office Box 51249
    Boston, MA 02205

Checks should be made payable to: Innovata Brass

MANY thanks and please keep Karen in your prayers!

-Trent

3. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Can you give us some more info on this situation. Was she playing free lancing in Boston? Does she not have health insurance? What is going on?

My best to her!

4. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sure...

She does have health insurance, although it is minimal coverage and her upcoming surgery is going to be very costly.

She really needs help because that she hasn't been able to work her full schedule because of the stomach cancer. Her energy is zapped, her gigs have been virtually cancelled because of her lack of energy and the pain she is in. I know that if I couldn't gig or work a day job that I'd be in serious financial trouble.

I can go more in detail privately if you'd like.

Thanks for all of your emails and prayers. Times like these make me very thankful to have such a wonderful playing community to lean on.

Trent

5. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    No more details are needed. I am just glad to hear that she has -some- form of health insurance. If she didn't that would be an even bigger problem. Again my best to her!