Please,what do you think about my playing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bogdtrumpet, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Terrific playing! Very impressive.

2. joefab

joefab Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2008
    WOW!! that's great playing!

I wish I could play that way! I am working hard at it....

Keep practicing hard...I think you have a great future!

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

I LOVED the Neruda! The sound was beautiful! I love that piece (played it on my master's recital). You nailed it, IMHO.

Hora Staccatto - EXCELLENT!

Ziguenerwiesen - excellent!

We'll be hearing from you - big time!

You play beautifully! 17??????????

FWIIW coming from me. Dokschitzer would be proud!

Nick

4. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Welcome to TM, you have demonstrated some tremendous playing here. You have a very bright future keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing more from you.

5. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
    Ok folks read this:

The TrumpetMaster forum now has 13251 members. Now and then or shall we say fairly often som new beginner asks a humble question on the forum here. He
    immediately gets flamed by some of the veterans and supporters here on TM. Well I have been following upp. The most part of those who asks "stupid questions" leave this forum right away, I assume feeling really stupid about themselves.

Now!!!: here we get a newcomer from Ukraine who plays BETTER THEN many pros asking if any of "uss oldtimers" could comment on his playing...WHAT DO HE GET?? just about 8-11 coments on a forum that 13,251 trumpetplayers are memers of....now THIS makes me sick!

Bogdan, You play REALLY REALLY GOOD. I promise you: there are MANY on this forum who has listened to your sound/videos and they have been thinking it is REALLY good. But they Can NOT say it becouse it would hurt theyr pride.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  6. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Maybe you're right about that. I never saw this thread before, but now I've read it and seen some clips I think Bogdan plays great. Hopefully we will hear a lot more of him in the future!

7. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Well, lets consider some points here. Yes, there are 13,251 members of TM. But, as you already stated, many have left because they were 'flamed' and for other reasons. So, based on the numbers that I see when I am browsing the site, there are are from a half-dozen to a few dozen on here at any point in time. Most of those are on the weekend and this so far has only been on during weekdays. Also, many peruse other threads. And, not least, let's face it, the title of this thread would not necessarily attract a lot of views (unlike the 'breakthrough' types of titles) although at 365 views, it is ahead of the 'breakthrough' thread at this point. And, keep in mind that not everyone who views this will look at the videos immediately and those who do, like me, will take some time to formulate an appropriate response.

Yes, the poster is an incredible player. I would love to hear more. Perhaps there is an impresario on this site who can arrange some real recordings. But, I don't think that the number of responses so far reflects poorly on our community. At least every response has been positive and I'm sure the poster is more than gratified with the level of acclaim that he has received here.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  8. jdostie

jdostie Piano User

Feb 20, 2008
    Indeed, and you have posters such as myself who listen and just wish we could play so well. And, don't feel qualified to comment - leaving it for those better qualified. However, since I am posting anyway, I'll just say refer to what I just said - I think you'll consider that positive feedback as well.

9. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    That is outstanding playing Bogdan. It's good that you asked on this forum to get an outside opinion. If you keep practicing, you will have a promising future.

10. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    Beautiful playing Bogdon! Tell us about the equipment you use: Trumpets, mouthpiece, etc.