PLOTZ! looking for feedback...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dnlrsnbm, Jul 21, 2006.

1. dnlrsnbm

dnlrsnbm New Friend

Sep 5, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    What's up Everybody...

Dan Rosenboom here. My band PLOTZ! is gearing up to do our first major studio album and we're looking for some feedback going into our last month of preparation. We've posted 4 new live tracks from our latest gig (last Monday) on our myspace profile and we'd love to hear what you all think. So, if you get a chance...

http://www.myspace.com/plotz

Thanks so much for your helpful comments and feedback...

Keep PLOTZing!

Dan Rosenboom
    http://www.danielrosenboom.com
    http://www.plotzmusic.com

2. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    edit... oops

3. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    So, I'll admit, I'm a bit prejudice when it comes to new music. I saw for your description you had "metal" as one of the genres and I immediatly thought, "Ick!", I also saw "Jam Band" and quite frankly, I don't even really know what that is, but if its sort of like "metal", it must also be "Ick!"

Well, I was wrong.

Your guy's music is awsome! Your going to have to let us know when this new album gets out so I can go buy it. I especialy liked Splash. Those are some crazy horn runs. Great music!

Have you ever thought about playing some ska? Add a trombone, tennor sax, and guitar playing offbeats, and vocals and I think you guys could hit it big in the ska scene (of course the ska scene is about as big as my pinky toe.)

You know, I sat here for about 10 mins trying to think of something small to compare the ska scene too, and "my pinky toe" is the best I came up with, how sad is that....

4. beartrumpet74

beartrumpet74 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2006
    Rosenboom! YOU FREAK!!!

Lorenzo and I wanted to say hi...he's in Louisville this week for quintet, big band, and nonet gigs!!!

Long time no speak dude....hope it's going well..Things are great here....May be back in LA next year.....

Music sounds great! but you already know I dig it!
    Peace
    Matt

5. dnlrsnbm

dnlrsnbm New Friend

Sep 5, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for checcking it out. Matt, good to hear from you dude! I hope Louisville is treating you well, but it'd be great to see you out here again, man.

Trumpetblower...we've considered adding a couple instruments, but it's more about finding the right people not just people to fill spots...but I don't think we'd ever go down the ska route...I think you're right that our music has appeal to that crowd, but we'd never just play straight up ska. It's just not our thing. But thanks for giving it a chance man...it's hard sometimes to get people to try something new...

Anyway, if you enjoy the music, please pass the word along...you can download the tracks from myspace even, and just pass it forward...we need to develop as many fans as possible. Thanks so much for checking it out and responding!

Dan