Poor performance

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Nov 11, 2011.

1. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    That's my point... they got their money's worth. fugheddaboudit!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not necessarly. When I find a performance did not live up to it's full potential, I place blame on the environment in which I was playing and then spend tons of money on musical and audio environment enhancing equipment. A lot safer than booze and drugs, but requires larger trunks on vehicles transporting me to gigs.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    A baseball player is considered great if they get three hits after ten at bats. 90% Free-throw shooting is considered great. Mistakes happen, but as long as we try to be musical and are aware of our mistakes we're ahead of our game.

4. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    Amen, (Vulgano) Brother!!

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    the weatherman is only about 50% and he still keeps a job -- weather channel??? OK - he or she stilll keeps a job. ROFL

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I figured that -- but I was glad to give you a pep talk anyhow -- makes me feel like I am helping out in this big world ROFL

7. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Everybody has a bad day. As a kid I remember hauling my parents to a sunrise chruch service where one of Buddy Rich's trumpet players were sitting in with a small brass choir. Apparently whomever did the transposing didn't know what they were doing and the group was sightreading. Every single note the guy played for the entire chart was wrong (noewhere within the cord structure). As it was arranged where he didn't have the melody, it was really bad -he couldn't even fake it. My parents left thinking the guy was horrible. Two years later, he was cranking a unbelievable solos on an album.

8. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    I admire the fact that you're willing to admit you have bad days.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I use a different standard. Any day that when I wake up and don't read my name in the obituary, is going to be a good day.

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I use a slightly different one to this - every day has a special feature - pretty clouds - bright sunshine - fantastic rain - mysterious fog - I find this special feature and it begins my day positively (always).