Poor performance

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I thought Santa was a Mythter??? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Once again, KT, you Mythed the point!
    Have you not heard the tune: "Christmas Bride"?

3. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    Speaking very frankly among friends, I am striving for the day when I have the opportunity to perform. I play entirely for the pleasure and "therapy" of playing, as one friend aptly put it. I am pursuing a consistency when most sessions are better better than the previous. It would take dire circumstances for me to stop practicing. I urge you to keep the faith and continue playing on great days and the challenging ones too.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You my friend are well on your way! Thanks for showing me yet another perfect day among your array of perfect horns.

Again, my advice: KEEP THE COMMITTEE! But we will give it a work out on Monday, a real work out on Monday. See you at the Big Band rehearsal at UD, where opportunity is knocking!

5. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    Today was my pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed playing the horns! I'm telling you and everyone who reads this you are a truly superb horn player! It's inspiring and fun to see/hear you play!

6. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Bad days happen, it's just a real bummer when it's on a performance day. But good days follow. I used to think that bad days were a great opportunity: to exercise control (not getting mad at myself, the horn, the world in general) and analyze what I was doing wrong. I still think they are an opportunity but I find now that good days deserve just as much attention: identifying what we do right when things go well is equally important as finding out what we do wrong when it's not going so well. When we try to anchor in our ear/brain/muscle memory the right actions, we build a good mental concept of what we should do. Then we can try to repeat that, instead of just trying to stay away from the wrong stuff.

It's kinda like when you're asking for directions and some fellow tells you all the turns you shouldn't take. I'd rather talk to the guy who's going to tell me the one turn I must not miss. Don't know if this makes any sense, but that's the way I've been feeling lately.

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    C'mon dude -- don't leave everyone hanging on your opinion --- give us something to go on ROFL ROFL ROFL --- OH my, I always have to come to Dr. Onady's assistance. Good thing GM ole buddy ole pal has me on his side. So here let the TM'rs make their own determination about this infamous gmonady, ROFL ROFL ROFL ----

Eddie Brookshire Quintet

Ruby My Dear - YouTube

8. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    I stand by my humble opinion and feel confident you would agree KT. If I have a tendency to express reserved views and you need more just ask me. :-)

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Touche!

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    no - LJH, I really don't need anymore --- GM ole pal ole buddy is a MONSTER PLAYER (in more ways than one) ROFL ROFL -- and is very well known in the greater Dayton area, as well as most of Ohio. I was merely pointing out that GM ole buddy, old pal --- is NOT just your average player. I thought you should include that in your post --- but since you didn't -- then I did!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL
    don't worry GM ole buddy, ole pal --- you can always thank me later for giving the Quintet, and at least one of your many fine performances on YOUTUBE a thumbs up ---- APPARENTLY humble people are not only supposed to quietly go about NOT promoting themselves --- BUT also NOT having an affirmative opinion on why we should promote those players like you GM ole buddy ole pal --- but I did --- because I am me, and everybody loves it when KT promotes them, ROFL ROFL -- gee!!! you should get a raise GM ole buddy, ole pal --- ROFL ROFL (((promotion, promotion, what a commotion))) ROFL