Pop Quiz

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Clarino, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Ok, I'm bored.

Recently I saw an episode of "Friends" in which Ross could not name all fifty states in the US. I laughed and poured scorn until my friend pointed out that I wouldn't be able to name them. Thinking this to be simple I took the challenge and a fortnight later, embarrassingly, I only managed Forty Six.

So a challange, without looking at a map or checking the web name all fifty states from memory. You are on your honour not to cheat. Answers to me through PM. Small prize to winner (ie, first to complete task).

Non-Americans can take part, If you want to include some biographical info (approximate age, nationality, job, gender.) I could compile some statistics.

It would also be fun to see how many of you can manage it considering the recent thread about the state of American education.

Smart arses can also attempt to name all state capitals.

Any takers?

2. Vessehune

Vessehune Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Sunnyside, WA
    Damn!! I only got 49!!

3. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Only 48. (That upper mid-west area sank me).

Dave

4. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Man, what an idiot, I left out Arizona!!

Dave

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Afraid that "Maryland" did me in. Bad Canadian... back to school!

7. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    I learned a song a while back that lists the 50 states in alphabetical order, so needless to say, I didn't forget any. :)

8. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Come on guys! The TH lads are beating you! surely one or two of you can manage it!

9. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    The THer's are lying :D

I had to work with my son last year. He too, learned it by song so it was fairly easy. Could I name all the Canadian Provinces? Probably not and there is a lot less of them.

Jim

10. dHoff

dHoff Pianissimo User

Feb 13, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    my 14 year old girl can do it and got the capitals for 45. My 11 year old son got 49. I will not say how many I got. But I will ask that Nebraska and Kentucky natives forgive me my carelesness. I promise, it was no reflection on my feelings for your great homelands.

-dH