Possible Trip to England

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jazz9, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    Hello everyone! I am a freshman in college and looking for opportunities to travel the world! I am applying to take a month-long trip to England in May 2010, and if I get to go, it will be an amazing experience. I would be taking a religion class at the University of Sussex, but there is plenty of free time to get involved with the music scene there. I will be in Brighton, UK, most of the time if I get to go, but there is a 3-day trip to London included on one weekend. Also, near the start of June, I am looking to take a 2- or 3-day trip to Paris! I was just wondering if there was anyone you guys knew around the area that would be good to take a lesson from or any good jazz clubs I could visit. I just want to make some connections and learn as much as I can! Thanks a lot! :D

2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    You sure have a wonderful opportunity and it is good you are planning the best use of your time. Here is the link to Ronnie Scott's jazz club in London, famous for 50 yrs. Stan Kenton did albums there along with Maynard Ferguson and many others. Ronnie Scott's Here is a Wiki entry on London nightclubs you can browse through and see if there is anything interesting. Category:Nightclubs in London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is another link to Jazz bars in London. Jazz Bars in London - Recommended Jazz Bars London, Jazz London Bars and Pubs, London Jazz Bars

Here is one to the Brighton Jazz Club Brighton Jazz Club

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    In Paris, check out the Metro stops. Usually some first rate busking going on there.

Have fun!

4. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    MFfan, thanks for those links! I'll definitely have to check those out while I'm there! (granted I get approved to go in the first place) Vulgano, that sounds like a good way to get some cheap entertainment! Maybe I can bring my own horn down there and jam with some Frenchmen! Sometimes I wish I had unlimited money; I would go to a jazz club EVERY NIGHT!