Posthorn by Mozart

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by A.N.A. Mendez, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    No specs. It was really heavy and looked like hell. Sounded good. Played good. That's about all I know. I would guess that Charlie owns the only Monette posthorns in existance.

If you're looking to get a posthorn or other "antique" brass instrument, check out: http://aswltd.com/brass.htm There's a nice selection of posthorns, natural trumpets, hunting horns, rotary trumpets, etc.

-Jimi

2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Excuse my ignorance but it is my understanding that a post horn is also called a hunting horn. I can not seem to find any thing with the name of post horn in this site.

This is the one I have and the green leather strap keeps coming off.

[​IMG]

It looks like the person who owns this horn in the picture put a Bach mpc with it for it looks nothing like the mpc that these horns come with.

This is the name on the bell: Furst – Pless (there are two dots over the "u").

Thanks for the link,

Liad Bar-EL

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Fürst-Pless aslo makes a version with valves. Hermann Sauter used one for Rilling in the pre-corno de caccia days with a custom leadpipe and a flugelhorn mouthpiece for the two Christmas Oratorio horn movements.