Postseason Baby!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by MahlerBrass, Oct 2, 2005.

1. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Alright folks, it's that magical time again, MLB postseason. The Astros just won the wild card AGAIN, and being the only team that has swept the Cards this season, soooo, my prediction for the series is Astros v. White Sox, who's your team?

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Being a Braves fan, I have to say W H A T E V E R to that MB.....LOL (just kidding)

Honestly, I think it will be St. Louis and LA Angels. St. Louis has the best record in baseball and they are overdue for a World Series win.

Regardless, I have tickets to the Houston/Atlanta game on Wednesday. I was really hoping to see Clemens pitch, but it doesn't look likely on three days rest. :-(

And as much as Atlanta is my team, they have NO BULLPEN.....so, I don't have much faith they will go very far. :dontknow:

BTW....the Yanks are getting a shellacking from the Bo-Sox today....ouch.

3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Well, seeing as the Astros don't have any bats with any kind of consistency, I don't think that's going to be a very big problem.

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    The Rocket on Thursday!!!

:wave: wooooo hoooooo! I just found out that I will be going to the Braves/Houston game on THURSDAY which means I will see CLEMENS face SMOLTZ! What a dream match-up for a post season game. I can't wait to see "The Rocket" do his thing. I don't care who wins, I just hope Clemens pitches 7 innings....or more. My binoculars will be locked on the pitching mound when he's up. LOL.

:thumbsup:

5. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    He'll be well rested that's for sure, I'm trying to fit my schedule so I can go on Sunday. Hopefully there won't be anything buggin the Rocket this time, I'm sure it'll be a great game!

6. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey MB, I have been meaning to tell you.....I really like your new avatar.

I am sure you will be glued to the tube for the game Thursday. I will wave out your way if the camera ever pans to my seat. :D

I will be the moron along the first base line wearing a Yankees jersey. LOL.

7. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey Bigaggie....I told you that we have no bullpen....and Houston's bats did fine today. 10 -5 *ouch*

You should be a happy camper MB - Houston 1 Braves 0

Tomorrow is Clemens.....we'll see what the Braves' bats can do....not much in my foreshadowing.

If Smoltz has a good day - it will be a pitching duel. If Smoltz has a bad day, its going to be a long game tomorrow night for the Braves. I am bringing my MP3 player in case it gets too boring. LOL.

8. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    It begins...

9. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Let's go, Idiots!!!! (As the Red Sox are losing in the top of the ninth... :cry: )
    -Jimi

10. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Ok....so the Yanks, Bo-Sox and The Baby Braves lost last night......The Cards play today (they didn't play last night). So far the WhiteSox seem in charge of their game. ( I like David Wells, so its alright )

We have a rainy day here in Atlanta and it is supposed to sustain all day. There is a good chance the game will be postponed and moved to Friday.....but we shall see. :dontknow: