Powerlung?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alex Yates, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    No, no, no, it's not ALL the time - sometimes his sense of humour exposes itself - but it is still usually to the point. ;-)

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I don't have to, but if I didn't I would destroy myself in self criticism. ROFL

It is really gratifying to know that my problems are caused by me and that I don't need an excuse to convince myself that a strange disease or freak of nature is holding me back.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Just a thought - my grand-niece has red hair, do you think that will interfere with her natural emboucher? :roll:

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    The device might be able to help. But I agree with the earlier replies that any aerobic activity will do the same for you. I also agree that playing your trumpet will do the same for you as well, as this is also an aerobic activity. But I think there's a place for anciillary activities, such as aerobic conditioning.

Interesting stat Bill. What indicies (FVC, VC, FEV1, etc.) are you basing the "double" capacity on?

Mike

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    My red hair never hurt mine. Being a tenor, leo and trumpet player with red hair might have all had something to do with that though.

I am running out of red though, as my hair gets whiter with age, so does my sound. We had Schostakovich 5 this past weekend and the conductor left the podium blind.............

I hope that my hair doesn't start falling out........