Practice Heaven.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Just glue a foam sheet to the inside door.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Experience! Our last house, as was an end unit town house, was sided with T-111. 3 years after we moved in, I had to replace most of it, and in 4 more years, to sell it, I had to replace it all again. Too, is sucks up paint like a sponge. My one shed here is a 10-x12 aluminum covered and filled with vinyl storage tubs and our artificial Christmas tree and our two bicycles, the other is a slap together DIY on its last legs and breathing hard. I was thinking of having it recovered with Hardy board (cement board) but determined the frame was too badly infested with unfriendlys. Still, it does contain my work bench (for what little work I can now do) and my oil painting supplies which my wife is mostly allergic to (turpentine gives her hives). Otherwise, it just has corrugated boxes I retain to recycle again. I not joking, I've one that has been used 7 times carrying brass instruments here and there and back again and I may use it again.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Don't forget the insulation for the refrigerator/freezer compressor--don't want the sound from the motor compromise the sound quality inside. Better yet, a cyrogenic machine--you can make ice, cool your beer real quickly and experiment on trumpets, too!

turtlejimmy likes this.
  4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Don't know how one could produce cryogenics without some form of sound, even acetone on dry ice provides a hiss. Still, if you got a trumpet cryonized (I made that word up) you'd have to hold and finger it with thickly insulated gloves and definitely use a Kelly polycarbonate (Lexan) mpc to attempt to play it ... which I don't think would be possible whereas it is really carbon dioxide one exhales as would crystalize at cryogenic temperatures.

Shucks, as I sit here in my office I can hear my window AC operating, but when I record I simply pull the plug or turn it off.

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  6. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Ye Olde Shipping Container - recycled...

[​IMG]

Just wind it up and close the doors.

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hey Turtle,

You could call yours ....... The Turtle Shell ROFL

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Durn, local architectural code won't allow such here. In fact, one cannot have a mobile house trailer within the town limits, not even a camper. Still, I do own a 40' CONEC shipping container now stashed in WV. Paid only $50.00 for it from DRMO when Cameron Station closed in Alexandria VA, but it then cost me $800.00 to get it to WV. Intense aerial survey reconnaissance would not locate it now. Couldn't possibly now afford to move it to NC. In addition to back loading door, it came with side door and 5 windows and is insulated with wood panel interior.

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Dang, I forgot about that ..... they make a lot of noise, don't they (refrigerators)? Sometimes really high pitched squealing noises that DRIVE YOU CRAZY. :woop:

Muffler. It's on the drawing board.

Turtle

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011