Practice Heaven.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

CRYOGENICS WARNING: Allow trumpet to warm up before applying to face.

Turtle

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

And I'm only coming out if it's SAFE OUTSIDE. :-?

Turtle

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    he who lives in glass houses shouldn't play the trumpet!

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Progress has slowed as I am in (financial) recovery.

I'm concerned that, when it's all finished and completely sealed and in its "Stealth Mode" (soundproof), there will be no air circulation and, with all the trumpet breathing, I'll be getting deprived of oxygen.:shock:

So, I ordered a kit from Dawbox.com to build a 12volt soundproofed ventilation system on wheels. That should be interesting .... I'll post pics when it's done.

Btw, Peter .... Love the recycled shipping container! Let's hear it for recycling!! Whoop wooop.

Turtle

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC

6. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Wow Turtle. Versailles probaly doesn't have as good a trumpet practice area as you're going to have when it's fuinally finished. It will finally be finished won't it??:dontknow:

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    On the outside, to the casual observer ........ A tool shed.

But inside, high tech stealth machine. Maxwell Smart would be jealous. YES, it will get finished. I ordered another small window and I'm building a patio in front of it.

The ONLY reason I'm getting away with this ......... No wife. In fact, I'm in--between relationships and TAKING FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT.:lol:ROFL

Next relationship? Someone carefully trained by Entrancing 1 to be the PERFECT TRUMPET FRIENDLY girlfriend. If she starts buying vintage trumpets for me to play, I'll probably marry her.

Turtle

Just a note: I wouldn't put all this into just a place to practice. It's also for a private and quiet office space that I've been needing for a while. I was even going to rent something (small office space) but the rates are pretty high and this will pay for itself (against renting) pretty quickly. When I thought about building my own office right here on the property, I thought ..... "Well, what if I soundproofed it?"

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Find the woman that also plays a trumpet ... or at least another brass horn ... for a duet ... in all ways.

But then she might spend all your money on vintage horns for herself. Then most women I've met can find something to spend money on viz, shoes, purses, cosmetics, lingerie, etc., etc.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Aren't Turtles aquatic? Perhaps an oxygen pump from Dick's Aquarium may work out best for you? Is the shed water tight?

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Now there's a great idea Turtle, when the shed inevitably gets too small, just crank up the oxy pressure and expand the little sucker - I might suggest rubberised paint too - you won't have to re-coat.