Practice Heaven.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    :-o:lol:ROFL:lol:ROFL:lol::oops:

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    boy 10x10 is tight (10x12 is better) ....you could save room if the amps are small or if you have a central PA that everyone plugs into. I probably would recommend reducing the trap setup just for rehearsals. I know it's you pad but if it's jazz then you really don't need much. They actually make a device that let's you use a floor tom as a bass drum. I played with some pretty heavy players and we had a micro stage.. it worked nicely.
    The biggest problem I see besides the volume is damage to the instruments.
    Good Luck

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Hey Coolerdave,

It ended up being 10 x 12, but it's still just the size of a small bedroom inside. Open floor space is what I'm shooting for ....... A finely fitted and perfectly sized desk is the first thing I'm looking for ... It's an office too so the desk needs to hold Computer, Monitor/TV, Recording device (prob TASCAM digital 8 track unit), monitor speakers, and just about anything else that needs a spot. My signed snapshot of that famous race (where the turtle beats the hare) goes on the desk.

Tiny futon couch, small refrigerator that my Vox amp will sit on top of ..... a few chairs and stools, guitar stands and that's about it. Oh yeah, posters of inspirational people (Alison Balsam, Jennifer Aniston, the girl in whipped cream on Herb Alpert's album cover, etc), but they don't take up much room.

No animals or smooth jazz musicians will be allowed, so that should save some space.:dontknow:

Turtle

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    She is Herb Alpert's wife, is she not?

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Looks more like she was his dessert.:lol:

I think that he's touring now with his wife, who is a singer. Not sure if it's the same lady in whipped cream.

Turtle

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Didn't Herb Alpert marry the lead singer for Brazil 66 only late in life? The girl in, I mean on the whipped cream album was an earlier time and relationship, if any.
    When I was a young high school student that album was removed from my collection by my over conservative Mom. She did not realize the insides were not as racy as the cover!!!!:lol:

turtlejimmy likes this.
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    She is not and was not a wife to Herb. It is my understanding that she was the wife of a close friend and was actually gravid (pregnant) in that picture. So be careful Tultlejimmy, and respect the position of motherhood that you have as a pin up in your honoring of womanhood. Mothers are most respected by us pediatricians, as they are so influential on the future and direction of our evolution as a species. In in my profession as a protector of that bond, respect the whipped cream lady among all others and she will serve you well (and remind you to maintained your daily carbohydrate food group requirements).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T, found out what it means to me .......

Whipped cream!!!

O yeah O yum

Turtle

9. tpsiebs

tpsiebs Piano User

Feb 6, 2010
    Randolph, New Jersey
    Viola?

LOL

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    No strings attached ... no room for swinging arms.