Practice Heaven.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    First you receive the wrath of VB, and now you want to provoke his wrath further with this question. Do you have a Death Wish, Turtle? You know, suicide is legal in Oregon, if it is for a merciful end. I think in your case, this will apply.

With VB, it is less about the hardware than it is the software so to speak when it comes to Viola related angst. OK Vulgano Brother, it is now open hunting season on Turtles.

Not true, I tried crunching up a whole pharmaceutical shelf of levothyroxin, stuffed them into the holes of the viola, and checked it a month later. Still a viola! Then I tried stuffing it with testosterone to try to make an upright bass out of it. A month later still a viola, but ever since, it keeps trying to mount my Olds Recording.:dontknow:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Even though Turtle is subconsiously admitting to suicidal ideation (refer to my last post - as a physician - I am keen in picking these things up) he is expressing some level of sanity with this comment. So BACH WITHOUT A BUCK, go sell your Olds (automobile) and buy yourself an Olds (Recording). It'll get you there faster!

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    You're missing KingTrumpet, aren't you?

Turtle

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    This is what I wait anxiously for: the threads gone wild department- off topic- who cares- nonsensical- love it- corny?- the cornier the better! Ludicrous- you know what I'm going to say.
    Hey! That could be a new thread subject line! Threads Gone Wild! This is not the first one to go this way, by the way!!!:-)

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Does it show? And are you feeling this is at your expense? Perhaps. But I have given you some vital pieces of advice related to your practice shed:
    1. Poster of Jennifer Aniston (This may save your from VB's wrath)
    2. Inexpensive Sound Proofing tiles
    3. Adding a wet bar (my personal favorite)
    A. And because of your gluten deficiency, I suggest you stock it with PLENTY of beer. This too will keep Vulgano Brother happy AND ME TOO!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahhh, but did you notice as in my post above, I do try to keep a link to the original topic. After getting spanked the first time, (it did give me a bit of a pleasurable sensation), I am trying to prevent a repeat performance. After all, I have my reputation to protect. And in so doing, Turtle will send me a personal invite for his opening day at the Shed. See, notice how I even link this reply to the shed. Reputation, Reputation, Reputation!

7. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    I just realized why you are all over this forum. You are from Dayton Ohio.
    Other than it is "round on the end and high in the middle" not much happens except for the the olentangy Surfing club

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Sorry, no invites can go out to entities with negative turtle attitudes. The Shelled Ones around here would not allow that.:dontknow:

Turtle

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahh, PM stick you your NJ Geography. To Shed some light here (notice how I stay on track with the thread - I did use the word Shed), the Olentangy is in Columbus. Dayton is hip, and life here is great on the Great Miami!

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Now don't be so Shell-fish with this invite Mr. Turtle. Remember, I was the one who provided such POSITIVE attributes to your shed (as numerated in my above post), and trying to protect you from harm by others (or yourself). I am only looking out for your best interest. Other than my devoted attempt at steering a Martin Committee in my direction (perhaps some harshness evoked on another thread), I have been nothing but on your side with the Shed project. So again, I am waiting for my invite. Ahh, make sure you send it to Dayton (not Columbus) Ohio.