Practice Heaven.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That would be me lurking IF I don't get the invitation to the Grand Opening. You will recognize me as the one wearing the white jacket with very long sleeves that buckles in the back.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Maybe you're a social worker, whichever is the case, you have a real future at or Dayton Children's Hospital. Send me your CV and I will put in a good word for you, once they let me out of my padded room.

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I'll look into padding the walls, so you'd feel more comfortable visiting.:D

Turtle

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Do you have a wet bar in your room, gmonady?

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

The Shelled Ones are still vetting you. My hands are tied ..... :dontknow:

Turtle

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My drunk story was: I was bending over to put my trumpet and flugelhorn into my double horn case. It was an outdoor wedding reception gig at a fabulous mansion, and the setting was pool side by the pool shed (did you notice how I kept the thread theme in this reply). While still bent over caressing my horns into their case, I felt a hand go between my legs caressing two of MY instruments contained in MY own personal double instrument case. When I turned around, to my amazement, IT WAS THE BRIDE, drunk on her just recently betrothed tush. She said she just couldn't resist. I said it was an extra $50 for her "special request" for the duet using each instrument in the set. A few minutes later, HER HUSBAND of within the first hours of marital bliss, paid me the extra $100 for the gig!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
    turtlejimmy likes this.
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    If you are talking about my "shed" at home, which I spend most of my time in the family room, then yes I do have a wet bar, very well stocked with my favorite rum from Saint Maartin (Guavaberry) and Bombay Sapphire gin sitting on the front shelf. I suggest the same selection for Turtles wet bar.

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I'd shed the rum and gin. Single Malts only.

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    100% Agave tequila is the Turtle's fav.

T ur tle

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Methinks after you've 3 drinks of this that I wouldn't want to hear you play your trumpet. Still a long time ago I found that any music sounded better to me after I had 3 drinks. With meds I can't hold my liquor now as I did then.