Practice Heaven.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Ed,

No, Amigo, it's just the opposite. From my days in the Garage Band, playing drums, I can tell you that I could have up to 3 shots of a nice 100% Agave tequila (like Don Julio or Patron), without losing any coordination on the drum kit. That would be 3 shots spread over a long evening. By contrast, one beer would make me a little sloppy and tired.

You're thinking of Jose Cuervo (NOT 100% Agave or even close) or some other (yuck) Americanized tequila with lots of other crap and fillers added. THOSE tequilas I never touch because they give me awful hangovers. Not so with the Agave. Read your tequila labels.:play:

100% Agave is the only way to go.:thumbsup:

Turtle

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    I would not have believed it but my procedure is 4 canadians, at 7-7:45 pm. for mood adjustment. Dinner, black coffee
    and I am ready to do my thing. I was always afraid to ever have a drink when i was playing but from the audience feedback, I needed the adjustment from my daily grind. I am considering exchanging the canadians for a blonde.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Turtle, my wife now sells the stuff and occasionally she will have a margarita with dinner out, but I no longer drink that stuff or any other spirit. Still, repeatedly you've said "100%" as is NOT a term used to define alcoholic content in the U.S. whereas 100% here would actually be in excess of 95% pure alcohol. In my heydays of indulgence, from 8 PM to midnight I've been known to kill a fifth of 100 proof premium bourbon and stagger to my room upstairs if I had been drinking in the hotel bar or take a taxi to my apartment (didn't live in a house then) if any other bar or private affair. To my knowledge I never drank alcohol and played a musical instrument or ever took photos and drank, my deference in the latter being either the camera was loaded or I was, but not both. Same with firearms. Did have my car towed once for overtime parking due to my excess.

At least if you drink in your shed, no one will hear you play and you'll not have your car towed. I just didn't enjoy drinking alone and don't think you do that much either.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    WOW- i have nothing here:-?

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    When I really play all out in my home, with all the doors and windows shut my neighbors can hear me with their windows and doors closed.
    Not very good sound insulation since I'm 100 feet away.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Turtle, You ARE a true humanitarian.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You never tried Guavaberry rum from Saint Maartin, have you?

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Ed, the 100% does not refer to the alcohol content but rather that there are no other additives, besides Agave tequila. Thus, 100% Agave just means ONLY agave.

Turtle

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Two birds with one stone ... such may dim the brightness problem you're having also. Still, be careful of those that wear that type of white jacket as they may have mastered the Houdini escape. I do believe there are many good trumpeters in asylums. For sure, I'm positive one was, but he was released. I prefer the chain belt with leg shackles and hinged cuffs for restraint. Asylums may have been source origins of acid and heavy metal rock ???? One can get plan of Houdini's escapes from the Houdini Museum in Appleton WI. I've been there and that maybe why I'm not wearing that type of white jacket now. At least my appendix won't rupture as it has already been removed. I do have a legal rep with locks, but it has been so long that it will take me longer now ... maybe.

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    [​IMG]

turtlejimmy likes this.