Practice Room

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gbdeamer, Jul 1, 2012.

1. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    A few years ago I had setup a corner of my garage as a practice area. It was a bit dingy, but functional. Last August a hurricane/flood forced us to gut most of our house, so I lost my dedicated practice area.

As we rebuilt things we walled in part of the garage, so it's now officially our "music room". My wife finished hanging up my pictures and spare horns tonight:

[​IMG]

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Very nice room, and most of it blends [is that a Getzen flugelhorn on the sofa]? But the Giants poster, not sure that says trumpet practice room to me. Explain?

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Nice! The Turtle Shed is jealous.

Turtle

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Mini man cave

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh no, the Turtle Shed is VERY WORTHY.... I have heard the recordings coming from the Shell of the Turtle and they are VERY WORTHY!

Turtle, post some updated pictures and "Shed" some new light!

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Man caves rule!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee frijoles!!!

We're loud ..... we don't need to show you no stinkin quiet side ..... Hahahahahahaha ... LOUD, I SAY ...... HAHAHAHAHA ......

Turtle Rock

7. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Truth be told the entire room isn't exactly dedicated to me...just the part you see. It's more of a multipurpose spare room complete with our extra refrigerator, table and chairs for homework/activities, and a small pantry.

But when I close my mind I imagine it's all mine.

The flugel is a mid-80's Yamaha.

The horns on the wall are functional as well (early 70's Conn 18B, 1920's Cavalier, and a late 40's Rudy Muck).

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Ohhhhhhh .... you got a fridge. I had to ditch my small apt. sized (and cheap) fridge because a tiny group of ants found it and were able to just walk right in. I opened it one day to see it filled with these ants. Sometimes, you do get what you paid for. So, now it's a winter only fridge for the shed. :-(

Turtle

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Turtle,

Try this. Place baby powder (talcum poweder) around the refrigerator. Ants love to eat talc. Once they eat this, they cannot digest it, it causes gas, and they blow up internally. When you see their dead carcasses laying around the floor when you enter the next day, it looks like the scene after the harvest from the Alien movie. "You can't hear an ant scream in any space".

[This is the humanitarian that I am]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    last I knew, the rules always indicate -- What's your is hers, and what's hers is hers -- and since you are hers then what is hers is really yours -- with her permission of course!!!! by the way nice room!!!!