Practicing for Endurance

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Joe44, Aug 5, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Cat Anderson claims it's the G.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    This IS a 5 minute warm up and it works well for me.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    actually -- Cat Anderson said that was the starting point -- but by no means is that the defining point of this method, nor is it the ending point. The 20 minute G is a method, and the warmup of that method started with the G, and expanded the range from there -- and of course the Cat Anderson method would take 4 hours a day to practice, and it's NOT all long notes either!!! -- just saying. (sure I warm up on a long G for a minute or two - but I also do scales up and down, some slurs, some tonguing and some fast chromatics to get the fingers working also) , 5 minutes is usually sufficient for the music in my community band ---------------NOW my normal practice at home!!! I usually spend 10 to 15 minutes on a warmup, and playing some soft tones -- before I head up above the staff too much!!!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Just remember Joe44, with KT, you're hearing egg frying. I'm a physician, take my word for it, ATP binds those actin myofiliment heads ANY time of the day.
    https://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/si...ridge_movement_during_muscle_contraction.html

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    GM may be a physician JOE, but he should also know the importance of EGGS - they contain a lot of protein which is useful for building and maintaining muscle!!!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And sulfur, which smells like farts... KT knows this... he just won't admit to it.

7. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I find it nice that GM acknowledges how smart KT is. Eggheads are smart people.

--bumblebee

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hey buddy, however I toot!!!! --it's all music to my ears!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL (ps. can anyone toot a low G??? for 11 seconds?) ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thank you!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL