Practicing in school??? Should I?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by note360, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Siegtrmpt

Siegtrmpt Mezzo Piano User

Nov 21, 2005
    Virginia
    This is a great post and a good example of making time to get the job done. A good recipe for success in any endeavor. The guy that's putting in the time while others are snoozing (or hanging) is always going to pull ahead of the pack. Good job!

2. note360

note360 Piano User

Oct 16, 2006
    In a room in a house
    Ha, thanks for all of this. Also, I am thinking about getting a vintage or used horn for my next step up because if I can find a good horn but its only problem is its old and its cheaper than a new horn that is good as or worse than the horn in question why not go for it. Then I can see if I can get it buffed and replated/laqured.

3. Dustin

Dustin Pianissimo User

Jun 19, 2006
    West Virginia
    Hah. My buds all like her. My trumpet teacher plays the same horn, only a few years older, and one of his other students bought one too. The Conn Mafia is taking over!

4. Dustin

Dustin Pianissimo User

Jun 19, 2006
    West Virginia
    A vintage horn can be a bargain, and they're usually not quite so expensive. I only paid $600 for my '62 Conn, and she's a beauty. Search around Dillon Music, they have a really good selection of vintage horns. And I personally wouldn't worry with getting it replated or relacquered. What do looks matter as long as the horn sounds good?