Practise Rooms

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bloomin Untidy Musician, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Last week I was away from home for several days and had to practice in the hotel. I must say this felt rather peculiar. As i was practicing staccato demisemiquaver triple Cs at pppppp my mind started wondering, i started thinking about other "unusual" places to practice. Many years ago i knew a couple of trumpet players that practiced in some interesting places. One used to practice at sundown upon the sand dunes near a large rural caravan site during his summer holidays. Another trumpet player i knew couldn't practice in his house because of his Pain in the A** neighbours, so he occasionally practiced about 12am in a carpark overlooking a major bridge and river; rather bizarre and beautiful if you can imagine it. Where is the most interesting place that you have practiced or played? Try and keep your answers clean!ROFL

Happy 2009

B.U.M.

2. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Sitting on a rock in the middle of a trout stream in the mountains of VA....chuck

3. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    We warm up in odd places at marching band...on top of a hill, on walls, etc.

But the weirdest place I've personally practiced is just laying in my bed, in the middle of the night.

4. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Atop of the Bradshaw Mountains in the Arizona desert. Great acoustics.

5. Hoghorn

Hoghorn Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2008
    Manitowoc Wi.
    In the car, 70 MPH, while driving !! Had to use my knee on the wheel up above C !!!
    Hey It HAD Cruise Control !!

Hoghorn

6. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    And I thought I was the only weird one, I catch 15 minutes on the way to work & 15 minutes on the way home, 30 minutes during lunch.............cc

7. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    On top of the dunes (sandhills) in front of the atlantic ocean on the french west coast... So did I also when visiting one of my sons who is a clarinet player, in the north coast of Netherlands : duet on top of the dune in front of sea. Of course we played "Between the devil and the deep blue sea" !

8. tunefultrumpet

tunefultrumpet Pianissimo User

Apr 9, 2008
    New Zealand
    On a farm to an audience of cows.....they were very appreciative and gathered around in a circle listening intently till I started playing the "Lonely Bull" (Herb Alpert?)

9. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC

be careful not to slam on the brakes!:-o

Warmed up at night atop the Smokey Mountains in NC. Great echo.:play:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  10. Bobcat

Bobcat New Friend

Jan 2, 2009
    Austin, TX
    In the executive confernece room at luch time. Might as well put it to good use, there is always someone blowing hot air in there. Actually the acoustics are great in there.