President Bush has Thanksgiving dinner with troops in Iraq!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Jarrett, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    What a brilliant show of resolve by the President. I can't think of a better way to show that he's willing to risk his life just as everyone in the military is willing to.
    -Jarrett

2. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Jarrett,

I agree 100%. The guy's got stone cajones!

Personally, I'm very thankful he's the prez. :D

Greg

3. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    [​IMG]

5. JoeWats

JoeWats New Friend

Nov 16, 2003
    Texas
    DubYah kicks ass ....

JW
    (A Proud Texas American!)

6. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Can you imagine the looks on the troops faces, when the CO says, " And here to carve & serve the turkey this year, is..............." ?

7. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Yeah exactly Romey... he did it cause his approval ratings are down.
    Come on, welcome to reality.
    Hmmm. "My approval ratings are down, so I'm going to risk my life and leave my family to go have Thanksgiving in Iraq. Oh, and I'm not going to tell anyone about it, not even my own family."
    If you believe this was purely a political stunt, your nuts. Do you honestly believe that Bush's top advisors weren't screaming "Sir, this is NOT a good idea!"
    -Jarrett

8. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out

9. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Bush has a conscience. He I can't sit in the comforts of his home and eat Turkey in peace knowing that he sent thousands of Americans away from their homes/families to fight a war.

I very glad to see this in an American president.

Liad Bar-EL

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I seem to recall that Nixon and Ford went to Vietnam...didn't seem to do anything much to improve their ratings. "Dubya's" daddy even made a trip out to the Gulf War. So it sure isn't the first time it was done.

Can't you just see the headlines in Al-Jazeera today? "George Bush forced to sneak into Iraq under cover of darkness with the windows covered up.....didn't even tell Mrs. Bush he was going?"

Not knocking what he did...I think it's great that the Commander in Chief supports his troops. Heck, he traveled something like 30 hours? for a 4 hour dinner break. But if it was done for ratings, then I think it will prove to be a flop.