pressures while playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gary Garcia, Jun 28, 2009.

1. DrDave

DrDave Piano User

Nov 26, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Hi Gary,

As I indicated in our private emails, I really cannot give you specific advice. There are so many variables that the only person who can advise you is your own physician. Only he or she has the details of your specific condition required to give you the answer to your question.

I can say here that certain kinds of stroke have been linked to trumpet playing. The effects on blood pressure and pressure inside the head varies from player to player and situation to situation. So there are some potential risks.

Depending on your circumstances you might be able to return to playing. However, if you are sometimes feeling light headed you do need to consult with your doctor to know for sure. The good news is that the vast majority of people who have had a small stroke can safely return to playing, so your chances are good. However, check first.

Cheers,
    Dave

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  2. Gary Garcia

Gary Garcia Pianissimo User

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Thanks Dr. Dave, I've not playing for awile,I have an appointment next week.I don't want to stop playing but I also don't want a serious stroke either.--Thanks-- Gar

3. DrDave

DrDave Piano User

Nov 26, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    There is a very good chance you will be back to playing very soon. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Dave