Printing plain staff paper with Musescore?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mrizzone, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    When initial cost of high speed laser printer, toner and maintenance technician's service is considered, even such doesn't come near competing with pre-printed music staves, but yes, if you've a daily run of a ream a laser print sure whips ink jets in cost ... and too, laser prints don't run when they get wet ... but they do melt into one gooey mess that sticks together when left in a hot car.

2. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Dunno how long that will last. A middle school not far from where I live equips all the 6th graders with I-pads and they do everything on the gizmos. Literally everything. More grades will follow every year until all students use them. Strange times we live in...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    You can use your word processor - Micro$oft Word etc - to produce plain manuscript. Just create a table with four rows x one column, stretch it across the page, set the horizontal borders to be printed, set the font size to 6 points, then copy and paste multiple times down the page (line spaces as needed). Print xx copies, you're good to go. I just timed this - whole operation took less than two minutes.

If you have a day job, you can let your boss provide a little sponsorship for your musical activities - most cost-effective.

I do however like to open a nice new spiral bound book and start working. Pencil only, I'm not perfect like the above musical calligraphers.

4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Where do you live? Do you have steady electricity and running water? Any jobs going?

PS I used to make my own ink from tulip stamens!

5. chef8489

chef8489 Piano User

Aug 8, 2011
    Asheville nc
    I Live in Texas. Yes steady electricity, running water, internet, and technology. Lol I just prefer how my fountain pens write compared to ball point and roller ball. Check out fountainpenhospital.com. My cheapest fountain pen is around 450.00 and most expensive over 1k.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    .......... and your tulips from Hamster Jam, perchance?

7. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Must've been very small pens!

8. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    That said right click on each rest and click the "set invisible" button works in musescore.

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    You would seriously buy a fountain pen in preference to a really good horn? In my business I have many Texan friends. Peculiar, yes, but I never imagined they were quite that erm... strange!